Build it and they will come
|Build it and they will come
by David Bush
November 2, 2006
The topic of e-Sourcing adoption could not be more important and it will always be a constant theme of ESF. That being said, if your team builds an e-Sourcing checklist/process that people can follow, the transition will be that much smoother. Modify to yourself but here is an example:
- Analyze the category and assess the viability (RFx? Auction? Sealed Bid? Combo?) Do we have a solid supply base? Are market conditions favorable? What is the contract status?
- Gather precise specifications. The less open ended things are the easier it is later to figure it all out.
- Develop the right strategy for bid submission. If you give suppliers diverse ways to give pricing, you may have more options for award later.
- Issue the information and give the suppliers expected time lines.
- Arrange for self training or provide custom training.
- Monitor the event and be prepared for common responses or issues.
- Stick to a reasonable amount of time to analyze and select a winner.
- Back fill any necessary information that will help with reconstructing the event or track data over time.